Lotus Valley is an inclusive school in Gurgaon that believes in universalization of education is incomplete without inclusive and integrated education. The Inclusion division contributes as a noteworthy impetus in the field of rehabilitation and integration, in this way guaranteeing a hindrance free helpful condition in the school. Inclusion is a belief system and practice at Lotus Valley.
Counseling and SEN department at school is committed to the integration of special needs through improvised curriculum and approach as the focus is laid in the holistic development of the child’s social, emotional, mental and cognitive growth. To guarantee a synchronized and a cooperative approach, the teaching and the non-teaching staff is sharpened and prepared about the subtleties of special needs. The department plays gamut of roles to ensure conducive environment in the school for our special needs. It is important to make them feel respected and connected with their peers. Keeping this in mind we offer flexibility to the child and give the important space within which she/he can reach her/his maximum potential with least alterations in their environment. Thus, working on their strengths and setting short-term and long-term goals the school aims at a holistic growth of each child.
Provide support for special needs to help them pursue activities of interest.
1) Be supportive to any signs of progress
2) Look for parental help and collaboration
3) Sensitize teachers and all supports staff to their needs.
4) Plan academic and behavioral remedial
5) Assist students during examinations and graded papers as per their academic level
6) Ensure their participation in cultural activities, both intra and inter-school
7) Synchronize with outside interventions to ensure ongoing progress